Thursday, March 18, 2010

Of Thornfield and Him

Months have passed since last I wrote here, readers.

Some dreadful news trickled to me this day. 

Thornfield has been destroyed in a fire, and He is near-death.  Apparently he had fallen in love with The Governess and they had planned to be married, but Plain Jane was no fool and got word that He was already married (Can you imagine!) and she fled.  Mrs. Fairfax had gone off to live with relatives, I heard.  The little girl was sent off to school, from all I can tell, and was not at home when the fire broke out.

(I am positive Grace Poole had something to do with it, readers.)

Though I was wronged terribly by him, I do not wish him harm.

(Mama, however, remains bitter and says he "got what he deserved.")

To think that, even as he courted me, his mind was on Plain Jane.  She of the plain face and boring dark dresses.

The world is a strange place, readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment