Tuesday, March 16, 2010
At the Leas
Oh, how I love this seaside resort!
The Leas is one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited - and the fresh sea air is exactly what Mama seems to have needed to recover from her cold. That, and the company of some acclaimed society.
Many notables are in attendance here - Sir George Lynn, Colonel Dent - and once again, I am most celebrated of all the assembled ladies. Though I see a few of them are jealous, I do not let it deter me. If I am lovelier and more well-read than all of them, what fault is that of mine? If I sing more beuatifully than Agnes or Luisa, should I be apologetic? I think not. I take pride in my accomplishments.
In three days, I will head to Thornfield Estate with Mama and Mary and the rest of this party to continue our joyous gathering.
We are to arrive Thursday afternoon, in time for dinner at six o'clock.
As I have only fond memories of the estate, I look forward to the visit - as well as to getting an opportunity to spend even more time with Him, whom I have had the good fortune to encounter these past few days at the Leas. It has been several years, but he still seems to be taken with me. I believe I have made intelligent conversation and been as charming as possible, so I am optimistic I will be his bride before long.
(I do so hope the Master will have gotten rid of that Grace Poole woman. Her presence makes me feel like I may jump out of my skin. When I am mistress of the house, she will be first to go.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment