Mrs. Fairfax said it best.
"Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulders; long, graceful neck: olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features; eyes rather like Mr. Rochester's: large and black, and as brilliant as her jewels. And then she had such a fine head of hair, raven-black.." and that I was admired not only for my "beauty, but also my accomplishments."
(She also thought I sang "delightfully.")
Greetings, friends. This blog was created as part of an Assignment for one of my classes. I am studying to become a High School English teacher, and as I created an assignment for my future students to blog from the point of view of a literary character, I then I had to do the assignment myself.
"Jane Eyre" is my all-time favorite book, and Blanche is such a fantastic secondary character I felt it was time she finally got her say in all these shenanigans.
Enjoy!
(P.S. All photos used in this blog are actually of Justine Waddell in her roles from film versions of "Great Expectations" and "Mansfield Park." For some reason, despite the blatantly stated fact that Blanche is a brunette, almost all film versions have cast her as a lovely blonde. Oh, Hollywood.)
No comments:
Post a Comment