Thursday, March 18, 2010
Arriving at Thornfield
It was very warm the day we traveled from the Leas to Thornfield. Though it has been expected that I would ride in one of the carriages with Mama and Mary, I could not resist the chance to ride along Him on horseback. It seemed an excellent chance to impress him with my riding skills, as I knew he was an accomplished equestrian himself. Just for the occasion, I had attained a purple riding-habit, and must say I was splendid.
After arriving at the estate, we ladies were swept away up to our rooms to freshen up and to change into clothes for the dinner that had been prepared for our arrival. The room I was put in was impeccably clean, with fresh linens on the bed and fresh flowers on the side table.
The staff of the house is of a good number. In addition to old Mrs. Fairfax (batty as ever), Grace Poole still lurks around the house. In addition, I have heard rumor of a Governess and a ward, but have not seen them yet. I wonder if He sent them away, knowing our party would be arriving.
Dinner was lush and delicious, with plenty of wine to go around. After dinner, there was music - and I sang another duet with Him.
He is certainly a fine man, and one of disctinction.
Do I feel great love for him yet? Sadly, no.
There was much laughter and gaiety. We did not take to our beds until after one o'clock.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment